Friday, January 1, 2010

Handmade Christmas

Wonder what I've been up to lately?  Well I've been in Ohio - and before that - making a handmade Christmas for everyone in my family.  I didn't get (good) pictures of everything...
But here are some highlights...
My mom got PJ pants






 (pattern is wide leg lounge pants from Amy Butler's In Stitches, and is also made with AB fabric)

Dad got an iPod Sock (its soo tiny you can't even see it!)


 
 
Chad got an Ohio State Buckeyes hat


 (pattern is the Boy Hat and is in Knit Picks Felici Firefighter colorway)
Kelly an apron




 

Beck a laundry bag (really?!  what do you make an 18 yr old college kid?  lol - he seemed to like it okay)




 
 (once again a pattern from the Amy Butler In Stitches Book - and random JoAnn's Fabric)

And Eric kinda got a homemade gift.  I bought him a mushroom kit (to grow shittakes at home - he loves mushrooms and gardening...so he was really wanting it - BUT it had to be kept at 36-41 degrees.  Not exactly packing, traveling, wrapping friendly.  So I MADE him a mushroom to open - I didn't get a pic of that - but I might try to get one later).

We had a great time at home, and I am sooo looking forward to these next two days at home before work (and without deadlines) to work on some sewing that I have been looking forward to doing (for me, or for fun, or just because!  :)

I thought about a 2009 wrap-up of my crafting in addition to the Christmas update, but do you really want to just see the three quilts I made, that you have already seen?  Here is hoping I really get crafting in 2010 and get to have a really cool flickr wrap up like all the cool quilters are doing!  Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Years!



1 comment: