Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tying up Loose Ends... Literally!

I showed you the finished craft room in hopes that I would cut into that fabric and whip up some baby bedding - all voila!! Unfortunatley I got very stuck in the millions of pattern options you can create with six different fabrics and a 28"x14" panel and 'analysis paralysis' set in.  Luckily I have some good friends who came over and pulled me out of my rut and got me back on track.  I now have all the panels sewn, the ties sewn, the piping basted and thought I was soo close.  Unfortunately - piping is trying to be the death of me (or this project anyway) and we have had some issues.  First basting the original piping and then pinning it to the panels.  Now, I've recut the fabric for piping and re-basted.  Alas, we are on track again, so we'll see.

Design for bedding
In the meantime, while my mom was here and I was showing her all my great handiwork knitting for the little guy she might have noticed that most of my 'finished' knitting projects had some ends hanging off of them (or millions of ends hanging off of them in the case of my striped baby blankets).  So we made a pile and she gave me a goal of two/week to finish and ensure they are all ready for Little E when he gets here.
So far so good with one baby blanket done, one bib, one washcloth, and one vest blocked and ready to receive his buttons.  :)  Some finished pics coming up!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Big Plans

Well its been a LOOOOOONG time (again) but normally when I show you my craft room all cleaned up ...

then I have something up my sleeve in terms of crafting.  Although I have been up to ALOT of this...

That's not why the craft room is clean (knitting can be done anywhere - and believe me there has been alot of it going on that I'll fill you in on soon).  The craft room is clean so that I can start working on baby bedding :)  Our little man will be here in December and I've got ALOT of work to do!  Starting with making sheets and bumpers for his crib.  I found some amazing fabric from Monaluna (absolutley adore it and it has *almost* the exact colors I had in mind and it also has woodland creatures)

I subsidized the Monaluna with some orange pearl bracelets from Lizy House (Red Letter Day) and some stripes from Children at Play

And I think its gonna work out just BEAUTIFULLY!  :)  I am soo excited.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

A day late and a dollar short...

...but this is why I was cleaning my craft room to start sewing.
Three pretty camera straps hanging in a row!  I love them all.  I had a friend request one for her D90 - and since I just happened to get a D90 for Christmas myself (sorely lacking a handmade fashionable camera strap as well) I figured it was time to make some.  I bought the nylon and hardware on etsy this time (much better than dog collars I couldn't seem to find anywhere).  I used this tutorial again - and again adding patchwork ala house on hill road.  I love them.  The one on the far right is Jess' and I am using the one on the far left.  The pretty in pink one in the middle is still hanging out.  Maybe it should be my 100th post prize - eh? Anyone interested?  Buehler?  Guess we'll see if this gets a response before we decide (and no promises on when I'll mail it - Jess' has been in an envelope in my car for two weeks now!)

Monday, February 7, 2011

Things have been good....

mmmm....Malabrigo good!
Chunky cowls, chunky hats, chunky mittens, worsted cowls....mmmm Malabrigo.  :)  You know you've been having a good knitting spell when you go to clean your craft room and find this pile of gems on your table to clean up. 

Chunky Cowls...

Chunky Hats...
Chunky Mittens ... hmm I sent those to Ohio without a pic..
Worsted Cowls...
Oh - this orange cowl... guess what?!?  Its CROCHETED!  My first ever and I actually enjoyed it.  Love the pattern and the color - well as a Clemson fan I think its just PERFECT!  Its been a great Malabrigo stretch... and coming up next... well sewing of course (why else would I have cleaned up the craft room?!) *wink*

Monday, January 10, 2011

Hubby's Hat

Hubby has been asking for a new hat.  The first turn-a-square hat I knit him was made with Noro (and can I said - I told you so!)  Anyway, on our trip to the mountains we visited this cute little yarn shop in Blowing Rock, NC and Eric found some new yarn for a new hat (not itchy).

My heart did a little flutter when he picked out the Malabrigo on his own.  We used a Pearl Ten in Twist and Glazed Carrot (I think) in the Malabrigo Worsted.  I did use Jared Flood's turn a square pattern again (we both really liked it in the first hat).  I think it turned out just great and he is already wearing it quite a bit.  Makes for a happy knitter (and wife!)