Tuesday, October 27, 2009

SAFF

This past weekend I had a VERY fun crafty weekend with the bestest fiber friends a girl could ask for! We went up to the NC mnts (again) - this time to Fletcher for SAFF. Morgan and I were a little behind Millie and we got a text that said "OMG! WOW!" and yeah, that pretty much sums it up!

Walking in - you see literally an entire ARENA full of yarn (be still my heart!)

We walked and shopped and took classes and shopped. We oogled alpaca and shopped some more! The best part about SAFF is not only seeing all the unique yarn but also the unique handknits that everyone is wearing. What a great way to show off your handknits. First of all, I think all were required to wear handknit socks...


Millie wore her GORGEOUS Noro Entrelac scarf (actually makes me want to buy Noro! gasp!)


Lindsey wore a beautiful teal Rusted Root...


and I had on my new Springtime Bandit (finally finished and blocked!)


and the amazing back...


Saturday night we hung out in the room a bit - with the matching hat twins... :) (isn't it ironic that this is called the unoriginal hat?!? - hmmm)


Learned how to make recycled T-shirt yarn (this could be another post entirely). And then went out to a great sushi dinner, coffee and desserts.

Sunday we went back for more classes, a little more shopping and finally a whole group picture

(r-l Millie - in her recycled T-shirt yarn wrap!!, me - in my February Lady Sweater (note to self: knit with something other than pink!), Morgan - in Araucania - soo jealous!, and Lindsey in HER Noro Entrelac scarf.)

It was such a great time and we are now thinking Maryland Sheep and Wool - who knows?! Maybe Rhinebeck is even in our future - it was too fun!

1 comment:

  1. You make me wish I'd actually gotten my camera out of the purse! Now you need to post about your SAFF loot!

    ReplyDelete