Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Wrenna

I am going to start this post with a very controversial statement (in the knitting world).  I HATE Noro.  There, I said it.  I never really 'got' the Noro craze, but I did TRY it one time.  I knit my mom (and I both) a Calorimetry out of a skein of Silk Garden.  I liked it a bit - how it was changing etc.  But the sticks in the yarn etc - not a big fan.  Well in the middle of knitting the calorimetry the yarn was just tied together and then broken.  End one bright bold color, start another.  WTH?!?!


I swore off Noro (except there may be an entrelac scarf in my future - b/c honestly entrelac looks better in Noro than anything else - I will admit that).  I say all this b/c one crappy knot deserves another (I guess)....


In the middle of knitting my Wrenna Sweater I ran into the same type of crappy knot.  Oh Lions Brand - at least you have a $5 price tag that makes me expect knots...Noro - what is your $20 excuse?!? 
Moving on...I did finish my Wrenna sweater and its okay.  The yarn turned out lovely and I like the color.  It needed a lot of blocking and I'm not sure its very flattering on a 5ft tall bustly lady - but I'll probably wear it anyway.  (or to be honest I already wore it anyway!)




So what is on your needles (knitting or otherwise!)?

No comments:

Post a Comment