Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Crafts

Things have been a little slow around here... there should be alot of Christmas gift crafting going on (handmade gifts and all that I had high hopes for)... and well there is a little of that...



But mostly I have been obsessing about making this wreath.  Last year, Starbucks had these in their stores, and I was thisclose to having my hands on one.  The guy even called me and told me I could come pick it up (for free!!) but it was in Charleston and I never made my way back down there and I am KICKING myself over it!  But I started my own (with mostly stash yarn - how embarrassing is that?!?) and its going okay.  The green yarn balls are looking okay, but I am worried about the assembling portion.  We'll see.

Here is what I have so far...




 And let me tell you - you think it will be 'cheap' b/c the foam balls are the bulk of the size - but it still takes quite a bit of yarn.  Here is me hoping its all worth it in the end.

(p.s.  No yarn was harmed in the making of this wreath - I am trying to figure out how to attach it without glue even so it can all be used again later if and when I decide a yarn Christmas Wreath was a bad idea, or I just need some green yarn!)

What are you making this Christmas?



No comments:

Post a Comment