I ended up having to make some adjustments to the arm length (to make the back semi-wide enough) and then add the collar . I've taken it off the needles twice to check the collar length and I'm getting close. It would probably look best with some short rows (to lengthen it near my bust and down the back but not up my neck) - but I'm not sure exactly how to do that to make them look right so I'll probably add a few more inches all around - bind off - block the HECK out of this thing and then move on.
BUT since it wasn't quite the 'quick win' I was looking for I also decided to pull out the Tree Jacket sweater that had been snoozing in this box since 2010. I had the whole sweater knit and one whole sleeve when it ended up in the box. I was concerned because I knew I didn't have enough yarn for long sleeves - so exactly what length to make the sleeves (and the fear of seaming) had me putting this up. So I pulled it out, knit a second sleeve, learned to seam garter stitch (easy peasy btw - nothing to be scared of) and then I even kitchener stitched the sleeves to the sweater. It looks great, fits really well and I even got all my ends weaved in and wore this to our pumpkin patch adventure last weekend. I have pictures of me in it - but nothing really close up or showcasing the finished sweater (whoops).
|Family photo at the pumpkin patch|
|showing little e the cows. not a great pic but you can see the sweater and the finished sleeve length|
Oh and just for giggles - here is little e's debut into crafting... he painted his pumpkin this week. Enjoy!