Monday, August 16, 2010

Flip Flop

First the Flop...


Dancing Bamboo Socks with Lorna's Laces Stitches West Peppermint Mocha.  I LOVED this yarn and couldn't wait to cast on for some socks.  I pulled them out of my very own 'sock of the month club' bin and had them paired with the dancing bamboo pattern.  ECK!  What a terrible combination - actually - I think the yarn is terrible in this number of stitches.  I'm thinking maybe Baby Jays - something smaller so it doesn't quite look like St. Valentine threw up on these socks.  ugh!

So I tore these out and flipped the coin again... I drew *these* socks the second time - yea!  And coupled with my fave sock yarn - double yea!!  I wasn't stoked about paying $6 for a sock pattern, but I think after the first sock I will say - Love!  Soo worth it - totally love them!



Anklet - love!  Pattern - love!  Short-row heel - hate!
Well, as Meatloaf says, "Two out of three aint bad!"  And with anklet length and a long car ride - I am half done with the second one too.  Woo-hoo!!  Not loving the brown top (should have gone more 'fun' but alas - its only ten rows - if I really want to change it later I can).  So yea - I'm baaack!  Knitting AND posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment